More going over the capacitors in the B67. There are 6-7 stud mount capacitors that I assume have something to do with the motors. Not sure if they’re suppression capacitors or what, and I can’t find them in the manual. I’m sure I’m looking in the wrong sections, since this manual is the most thorough I’ve ever seen.

Slightly more interesting, my Guild S300-D is pretty much done. I forgot to mention it in the last update, but on Friday I got the pickups back from Fralin (had them pot them) and installed them back in the guitar. I also fixed a broken pickup ring with epoxy and black dye – you can barely see where it was broken. I have a couple of before pictures, but no after. I’ll take a few tomorrow or something. A little more interesting, the nut was a little too low (the E strings were popping out), so I shimmed it with another piece of bone. A word of caution, when you glue the two pieces of bone together with superglue, they’ll attach immediately. SO MAKE SURE THEY’RE ALIGNED CORRECTLY. Even though I used an over-sized piece of bone for the shim, they were misaligned and I had to break them apart with a razor blade. Surprisingly, they came off very neatly. Some sanding to remove the superglue residue, and the second try was golden. Look! The seam is perfect!

IMG_20150825_165257IMG_20150825_174845

These pictures are before the shim was sanded down. I’ll post more about the S300 when it’s actually, finally done.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s